Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring Fling

Shavonna Hinton

I miss being a kid (but I’m glad I’m growing up). Based on the events of this past weekend, however, it sure was great to be a kid again if only for a couple hours. The 5 hours of fun provided by the SAPB of Binghamton at Spring Fling were arguably some of most fun and enjoyable hours I’ve spent on Binghamton’s campus all year.
From fried dough and candy apples to carnival rides and bouncy houses, I really felt like I was at a carnival right in the middle of the Peace Quad. I won prizes and amassed copious amounts of candy and sweets. In addition, it also happened to be Cinco de Mayo which meant there were also strawberry daiquiris and margaritas for just $2.
Hearing grown college kids screaming like 8 year olds at an amusement park and getting to do arts and crafts, like splatter painting Frisbees, are events not commonly found on a college campus but Spring Fling had that sort of effect on stressed out overworked students. In the midst of preparing for finals and getting prepared for the summer, it was great to sit back and relax and let my mind take a break on a great Saturday Afternoon.  I’m sure everyone else appreciated it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment