Saturday, February 25, 2012

Workin' For the Weekend

Mike Madarasz

I find more and more that every week is really just a struggle to make it to the weekend.  Weekdays are really just a series of battles to reach Friday afternoon.  From the time I wake up Monday morning, I know exactly what I have to look forward to in five days.  Personally, the light at the end of the tunnel is what keeps me going through the rigors of the week.  The promise of a two day vacation following it is the consolation I need to push through that week’s schedule.  Some weeks, it may even take the promise of a cold beer on Friday night to push through. 

There’s no better feeling than walking out the doors of the last class of every week.  I feel like I’ve earned a miniature vacation and I can put classes in the back of my mind for a few days.  Without fail, Friday afternoon to Sunday night always flies by.  Before you know it, Monday morning is rearing its ugly head again and the grind resumes. 

1 comment:

  1. I am right with you Mr. Madarasz, I work for the weekend also.

    ReplyDelete