Monday, February 20, 2012

Business Law

John Minami

It was Thursday night and 7 o'clock was quickly approaching.  While most of the students on campus were heading to dinner after a grueling day of school, an unlucky number of Freshmenchemistry students anxiously gathered around the Lecture Hall.  It would probably suck to be them.  How horrible it must be to have to take a quiz until 8 PM!
I had no sympathy for those Chem students as I sat down in Student Wing 325 because I would be sitting in that seat for three hours.  Yes, contrary to the "horrible lives" chemistry students believe themselves to have because they have a quiz from 7-8 once every couple of weeks, it is we, who are enrolled in BLS111, who should be complaining about "horrible lives".  What kind of class is from 7-10 AT NIGHT?!  I mean by this time most of us are already dropping dead from exhaustion.  The worst part is that the class is in a small room in Student Wing.  At least if it was in a spacious lecture hall, we could sneak in a few minutes of sleep. Not to mention the topic of law isn't always the most exhilarating topic to discuss for three hours at the end of the day.
Yes, despite all of these negatives about the class, Professor Pogson is magically able to pull us together and keep the class refreshingly focused.  Despite its horrendous time, I'm actually the most awake during Prof. Pogson's class.  With his witty humor, clear explanation of the text, and likeable voice, he makes a potentially hellish class into one of the most enjoyable classes I have had the pleasure of taking.  I don't regret taking this class at all.
At first, I had desperately hoped to get into Professor Loy's Business Law class like every other SOM student in need of a B-Law credit. Now, if I could choose again, I would definitely go with Professor Pogson. This is only my second semester at Binghamton, but I already doubt I will find a more engaging class anytime throughout my academic career.
And thanksto Professor Pogson for letting me blog about him!

No comments:

Post a Comment